The benefits of getting a flu shot at the store far outweigh the cost
Best case scenario is that your health benefits cover 100% of the shot and you have no co-pay.
Now let's add in the cost of
- Requesting time off from your boss
- Getting approval
- Calling the doctors office to schedule when you can come in
- Sitting at the doctors office in a room solely dedicated to waiting!!
- Getting your shot
- Travel home or back to work
- Catching up on all the work that didn't get done while you were getting your shot
What I experienced at Costco was perfect:
- Went to Costco to go shopping
- Walked to the back of the store
- The RN had us fill out a form (about 15 questions) that took 2 minutes
- We both received our shots (no line so no waiting)
- We paid $40 ($20 / shot)
It was so quick we didn't even need to distract our 2.5 yr old.
We then went right back to shopping, had lunch at the store and went home.
Thank you COSTCO!!